‘Tis the season! We have gathered all our favorite local holiday events for our own 12 days of Christmas in Tulsa! Here’s our schedule and things to do right up to Christmas Eve.
- Saturday, December 12 – Winterfest Biggest Weekend yet! Start your day with Breakfast with Santa and then stay for ice-skating starting at 12 p.m. Our bus will also be onsite for a toy drive benefitting Family & Children Services. Donate a new toy and receive $2 off skating on this only! Cox Radio will also be there to snap your photo for free!
- Sunday, December 13 – Photos with Santa at Philbrook – Last day to snap your photo with Santa Claus in the elegantly decorated Philbrook Great Hall.
- Monday, December 14 – Rhema Christmas Lights – Open through New Year’s Day. See more than two million lights decorated throughout the campus or hop on a carriage ride. The glittering lights will shine from 5:30 – 11:30 p.m. each night.
- Tuesday, December 15 – Santa Pajama jam - Put on your best holiday pj’s and join in for a free night of songs, stories and Santa at the Schusterman-Benson Library! For ages 6 and younger from 6 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 16 – A Christmas Carol – Take a night to see this classic story with the family. Show times are Dec. 15-19, 21-23 at 7:30 p.m.; Dec. 12-13, 20 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, December 17 - Free admission from 5 – 8 p.m. at Philbrook Thursday Night Light – Enjoy live music, stroll through the glowing gardens, and meet the featured Festival artists in the Museum Shop.
- Friday, December 18 - The Nutcraker – Share in the magic of The Nutcracker with your family. Show times are Dec. 18-20 at 7 p.m., Dec. 12-13, 19-20 at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, December 19 - Holiday light tour with CBC – We know where all the best lights are! Plan a holiday light tour with your family and friends and let us take you around town. Plan to stop during your tour at Guthrie Green for their holiday music series starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 20 - Sunday Funday with Santa at Gilcrease Museum – It’s an afternoon of museum fun for the whole family. Enjoy various art-making stations in the museum. See Santa from 2 – 5pm. For ages 3 – 15.
- Monday, December 21 - Visit Scuba Santa at the Oklahoma Aquarium – Santa will be visiting the fish at 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 22 – Winterfest – grab your skates! Ice rink is open from 12 – 10 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 23 – Santa at Utica Square – Get your picture with Santa before he heads back to the North Pole! He’ll be at Utica Square until 9 p.m. this night and only from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
And here are some other ideas that are running the whole month of December:
Castle of Muskogee Christmas Kingdom – Open through New Year’s Eve from 6 – 10 p.m. Enjoy a night of holiday lights, activities such a pony rides, ornament making and fireside chats in Santa’s workshop. If you head out to Muskogee, make a night of it and also check out their neighbors at the Garden of Lights Festival. Open through New Year’s Day from 5:30 – 10 p.m. Visit the garden of lights, schedule a hayride for $50 or ice skate and enjoy hot chocolate!
photo courtesy of Guthrie Green